K9 First Aid Seminar, Fredericksburg Rod & Gun Club
Posted in: NEWS
Dr. Frank White, DVM, Fredericksburg Animal Hospital
May 31 at the NV16 QUWF at the Fredericksburg Rod & Gun Club annual adult/youth fun shoot, Dr. Frank White, DVM and QUWF life member, presented a K9 First Aid Seminar and answered numerous questions for attendees.
Presentation and questions were outstanding. Of note were Dr. Frank’s responses to the following: how to help a dog with overheating; how to administer 1st aid in the field to a dog with barb wire cuts; and, how to provide 1st aid to dogs with snake bites.
Animal First Aid Kit
- Adhesive Tape (1” width) For bandaging; also can be used as a muzzle
- Sterile Dressing Pads (4”) For covering or cleaning wounds
- Strip Gauze For holding the pad onto a wound
- Newspaper Can be used as a temporary splint
- Thermometer For measuring body temperature
- Antiseptic Solution (Betadine) For cleaning wounds
- Antibiotic Ointment For topical treatment of minor wounds
- Eye Wash (Saline) For washing eyes
- Blanket For warmth or for carrying a pet hammock style
- Rope Leash For restraint
Dr. White can be found at his Veterinarian Clinic at
1525 Olde William Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401,
or by calling his office 540-373-6512.